Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Poem: White Clouds In The Blue Sky

From Ilchi Lee’s book Songs of Enlightenment

I want to be the sky
Embracing all that I see
Clouds, moon, sun, mountains, and rivers
Holding close all that I feel

I want to be the clouds
Bestowing rain where parched
Going where the wind takes me
Flowing freely

I want to be the moon
Listening to the prayers of good people
Cherished as a beautiful memory in the hearts of lovers
A full moon swinging low
On a shimmering black chariot

I want to be the wind
Flowers, birds, trees, and sweating farmers
Caressing, whispering, refreshing all
An invisible hand on the shoulder
Comforting

I want to be the sun
I want to be the stars
No, not any of these
I want to be life itself
Belonging to no one
Being nothing
True self

Clouds roll across the blue sky
Birds chatter noisily in the hills
Waves pound the beaches
Young children play merrily
Across the wide field
And beyond the yonder hills
Sounds the whistle of a train
Drifting in the breeze
Lingering

No comments: