Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ilchi Lee on the Ego and Creativity

From Ilchi Lee’s book BEST 5 Handbook

It is your ego that prevents you from creating what you truly want. Your ego says to you, “I am this” or “I should be that,” which often prevents you from creating what you want in your life. For example, you may really want to learn to sing well, but your ego says, “I don’t have talent” or “I will embarrass myself.” These things are usually rooted in your past experiences, times when you were hurt by others or were discouraged in some way.
So, to become more creative, begin to watch the internal conversations you have with yourself. How are you limited and boxed in by your current thinking about yourself? How does it stop you from doing what you really want to do? What emotional patterns prevent you from pursuing your dreams?

No comments: